Friday, December 14, 2007

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow...

We received 14 inches of snow yesterday and are expected to receive more throughout the weekend. I've heard that this storm was nothing compared to what is yet to come... Never in my lifetime have I ever seen this much snow... I'm an Arizona girl though and I've realized just how much I like my sunshine. Ammon on the other hand loves this weather. He woke up this morning and ran into the bedroom to ask me "Is it snowing?"

Ammon insisted on building "a big snowman". His mommy had a difficult time rolling the snowballs though. He and I were both really missing his friends from the Barr family yesterday.

Ammon was building a snow castle in his picture. He asked for his tractor that his Nana and Papa gave him.

Ammon also tells us often that "snow [is] cold," and the "sun [is] hot". He is forming new sentences daily and wakes up talking about his pants and shoes most mornings. He is usually upset that someone keeps taking his shoes while he was sleeping, and doesn't remember that he went to bed with no shoes. Yesterday morning, he woke up talking about bees, honey, and bears though. I wish I could see into his mind and figure out where some of these images are coming from. He has also been curious about what different animals eat. Our breakfast conversations can get a little wild some mornings. I love this stage and the challenges that come with it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks COLD!!!