I've been wanting to share this story for awhile, but life has been a little crazy trying to get ready for yearend. For those of you who didn't know, I do accounting work from home. December - March can be a little hectic in our house.
The other day Ammon decided that he wanted to drink 'Daddy's juice," a.k.a. soda pop. Nathan is the only one in our household that drinks soda, so Ammon has referred to it as "Daddy's juice," for as long as I can remember. If and when he gets a sip of it, it's usually watered down and is diet soda.
Well, Ammon woke up in the morning asking for it about a week ago. The only problem was that the juice he was referring to in the fridge was vanilla extract. After trying to explain this to him several times, he kept insisting that he wanted a drink. Finally, I decided that I would let him have a sip despite my attempts to convince him that this 'juice' was yucky.
Ammon, thinking that he had won this battle, quickly took a drink. He then said, "Ahhaa, that was good." When I asked him if he wanted more, he quickly said, "No, that's okay." Even now when Ammon sees the vanilla exact he'll tell me how yummy it was, but that he doesn't want it anymore. I don't think he'll ever admit that it wasn't really as yummy as he thought it would be.
I have never in my life met such a strong-willed little boy. I know this trait will help him go far later in life, but there are some days when I literally feel like pulling my hair out. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom and I love my son more than words can ever express. It just keep life interesting at times I guess.
Sunday, January 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That is a funny story!
Post a Comment