This posting is a little personal, but I wanted to share some news with close friends and family without having to speak individually with each of you.
Ammon's preschool recommended a team of psychologists (Gershon Psychological Associates) that conducted various testing over the past few months. Nathan and I met with the doctor today to discuss their finding. We now have a specific diagnosis, which she referred to as "Pervasive developmental disorder - NOS" a.k.a. "PDD-NOS". Some people diagnosed with PDD-NOS are close to having Asperger syndrome but do not quite fit, which is how we've always felt about Ammon & his situation. As time progresses, Ammon's diagnosis could change slightly depending on whether or not the social / emotion gap between him and other children widens or closes... Time will tell I guess. A diagnosis doesn't really change anything, but it will help him receive services and extra help in school which would be instrumental in helping him overcome some of issues that he faces.
Meeting with the doctor has given me great peace of mind. This has truly been an answer to our prayers. She provided us with a lot of recommendations, which I think will help Ammon overcome some of the social and emotional issues that he experiences. I'm so incredibly grateful for the wonderful preschool that he's been able to attend and the support that they've offered to him and our family. It's amazing how prayers are answered. The past 18 months have been a difficult time for me and our family. We're so grateful for all the love and support that we've received from our ward, friends, and family.
Ammon is blessed to have so many people who love and care for him.
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Even though it is difficult, I am glad you guys are able to know and pinpoint how to help Ammon. You guys are wonderful parents and we will keep your family in our prayers! Love you guys!
I just now saw this!( I have been a bad blogger and blog reader lately!) I am really glad you have some answers and great people to help! We love Ammon!!
Post a Comment