Thursday, March 03, 2011

ABC and 123...

Having a reader in our house has definitely been life altering. Nathan and I can no longer spell out words when the we don't want the kids know what we're talking about.

We visited Arizona for my brother's mission farewell two weeks ago. Nathan flew back to Califormia after the farewell and the kids and I stayed the next week since Ammon was out of school for winter break. While at a gas station Ammon says to me, "What? You're having another baby?!" This statement caught me off guard, so I asked him what made him think I was having another baby. He pointed to a sign that he had read, which was actually "Animal Hospital," but he knew this was just silly, because pets can't go into the hospital. He then proceeded to explain that since we were headed near the hospital that I must be having another baby. The only time Ammon has seen me in the hospital was when Maddie was born, so he quickly jumped to conclusions.

The whole situation was kind of silly. Despite my attempts to explain what a veterinarian is and why they have animal hospitals, Ammon had made up his mind that the whole idea is prosperous!

1 comment:

Jan said...

haha. So funny! It is a lot of fun having a reader huh? And dangerous.... "Should we have I-C-E C-R-E-A-M tonight?" "I want ice cream!" :)