Thursday, July 05, 2012

Summer Fun

We spent this past weekend in southern California.  One of my best friends from junior high through high school was married in Carlsbad.   Lachelle is a beautiful woman, inside and out.  She looked like a princess walking down the aisle.  I'm so grateful that I was able  to spend time with her family setting up for the reception.  I kind of adopted her younger sisters growing up, since I didn't have any of my own.  It was a blast catching up with everyone!

We also spent a day with Uncle Ed, Aunt Bethany, their sweet kiddos, and Uncle Harold & Aunt Benzley in Newport Beach.  Ammon & Maddie loved playing with their cousins.  I wish we all lived a little closer to each other so they could spend more quality time together.    
Bret, Nathan, Lachelle, and Debby
Maddie and Kingston
 
 Kendra and Dede, bike riding
 We also celebrated Nathan's birthday with an ice cream cake
 Benzley & me 
 Nathan loved surfing
 Cousins are awesome!
 
 Maddie idolizes Kendra and followed her around the whole time... Kendra is such a sweetie!

 Uncle Ed took Maddie and King on a ride...
Playing in the sand... 

1 comment:

Dallings said...

Happy Late Birthday Nathan! I wish we could visit you all in California! it is so beautiful. I'm glad you had such a fun trip.