Thursday, April 17, 2008

Lovely Days of Spring

Ammon loves to pretend to be different animals. Nathan and I tend to be the mommy and daddy of whatever animal(s) he decided to be that day. We must address him as little (animal of his choice).

Two days ago Ammon woke up calling me "Mommy Pig" and proceeded to call me that throughout the morning. After various attempts to convince him to be a different animal, I finally took a more blunt approach and just told him that I wanted to be "Mommy Bird" instead. Normally this wouldn't have been an issue, but we had a planned play date with a friend and I would have been a little embarrassed had he continued to call me "Mommy Pig" infront of strangers. Luckily by the time we arrived to the Thompson Library Ammon had moved on to being a little lion instead. So, I was mommy lion for the rest of the day. Thank goodness!

He is also very curious about learning everyone's name, and wants to give a name to every object that he encounters. We spent some time at the local library this morning reading books and putting together puzzles. Every object on the puzzles (fruit, construction equipment, animals, shapes & fish) had to be given a name. Ammon definitely gets his creativity from Nathan, because I struggled to come up with creative names for him. In fact, he rejected most of my name suggestions and ended up naming the objects himself.

Ammon can be a bit of a challenge (which naturally comes with raising a two-year old), but he brings so much joy into our lives. Here are a few pictures from the last month.

Ammon loves to slide!

He is quite the little climber. He must get this from daddy too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable story about "Mommy Pig"! Thank goodness he moved on to lions. Ammon is getting so big!