This morning he woke up asking for chocolate milk. I regretfully made it for him. Only to have him throw a major fit about it. He didn't want me to mix in chocolate. He wanted chocolate milk from a brown cow (or a "bessie" as he refers to it). I tried to convince him that all cows make white milk. Only to have him shake his finger at me and say, "No! White cows make white milk and brown cows make chocolate milk." He must have come to that conclusion after seeing the gallons of chocolate milk in the dairy section of the grocery store. Who knows?
We had a pretty crazy weather the past two weeks in Connecticut. It went from rainy and cool to extreme heat! It was almost a 100 degrees not to mention the high humidity. Being 4 month pregnant doesn't help the situation either! The temperature and humidity are both down now. Thank goodness!
Here are a few pictures of Ammon working on an art project. This was a great rainy day indoor activity until Ammon decided to rip apart the turtle and color himself. The first two pictures were taken before lunch. The third one is after lunch. I should have known that he was up to no good by the way he threw his lunch around. He was covered head to toe with noodles from the spagetti that I made (upon his request I might add). He then continued coloring and the 3rd picture was the result.
When I came back in the room and saw what he had done, I said, "Ammon what did you do?" He said, "Mom, I colored myself. Do I look funny?"
Ammon wakes up each morning and pretends to be a different animal. He is usually some sort of fish, but every now and then he'll get extra creative. He will usually come downstairs and refer to me as "Mommy Lion, Mommy "wolf" fish, Mommy elephant, etc." If I don't refer to him as "Baby Lion, Baby Clown fish, baby elephant, etc." He gets upset and says, No I'm a baby lion. If someone overheard some of our conservations throughout the day, they would think that we were totally nutty. Ammon brings a lot of creativity to our lives. Although he can be a challenge, the joy and happiness definitely outweighs the frustration that comes with being a parent.


3 comments:
Oh, our boys are so funny! I love those before and after pictures! You are definitely such an amazing mom! I look up to you because I think we have similar boys who are active and curious and strong-willed. But it also makes them fun and smart. Are you going to be telling us soon whether this is a boy or girl coming next??
Wow, from the booger story to the painting himself...what a nut!!! At least he hasn't tried driving or cutting cords like his daddy!
HE is so cute! I love the chocolate milk story. I think one of my sisters thought the same thing when they were little. And holy cow! I had no idea you are pregnant! Congrats girl!
Post a Comment