When Grandma King came to visit in May, she brought a bag of dinosaurs that she has purchased from a garage sale for Ammon. He plays with these daily and recently insists on taking them everywhere he goes. He eats with a dinosaur, bathes with all the dinosaurs, and even takes them with him when we’re out running errands. He even notices when he’s missing one of them. The other day he was freaking out about not having one of them. Sure enough we eventually found it and I was so surprised that he knew exactly which dinosaur was missing. He probably has about 15-20 different dinosaurs.
He very meticulous about how he arranges them and get a little irritated if someone changes the order that he put them in. Not only are these dinosaur toys, but they also represent his friends and family members. For some reason, mommy is the biggest dinosaur. This doesn’t make me feel so good especially since I’m feeling rather huge being almost 30 weeks pregnant. I tested him the other day to see if the same dinosaurs were the same people… and sure enough they were. Uncle Collin is always the same stegosaur, Grandma Mort is always the “flying dinosaur”, and Grandma King is the “water dinosaur.” I’m not as knowledgeable about the technical terms for them as Ammon is. He usually corrects me, and it can be rather embarrassing. I could go on and on listing which dinosaur his friends and family members were… but that would get rather boring.
One more little bit of news that we are pleased to announce is that Ammon is almost potty trained. He hasn’t had an accident in a few days… but getting him to poop in the toilet has been a big challenge. If anyone has tips for me please share. Also, now that he can undress himself, he is constantly stripping down to his underwear. Every time I turn around he has completely undressed himself.
He very meticulous about how he arranges them and get a little irritated if someone changes the order that he put them in. Not only are these dinosaur toys, but they also represent his friends and family members. For some reason, mommy is the biggest dinosaur. This doesn’t make me feel so good especially since I’m feeling rather huge being almost 30 weeks pregnant. I tested him the other day to see if the same dinosaurs were the same people… and sure enough they were. Uncle Collin is always the same stegosaur, Grandma Mort is always the “flying dinosaur”, and Grandma King is the “water dinosaur.” I’m not as knowledgeable about the technical terms for them as Ammon is. He usually corrects me, and it can be rather embarrassing. I could go on and on listing which dinosaur his friends and family members were… but that would get rather boring.
I am constantly amazed by Ammon’s intellect. I’m sure he’ll surpass me later in life. The other day I was working on the computer and came into his room to check on him. He was looking through his book of dinosaurs that Grandma Mort has given him and was placing the toy dinosaurs on top of the dinosaurs in the book. When I asked him what he was doing, he explained that he was putting the baby dinosaurs with their mommies. I know some of these things are typical three year old behavior, but some times I worry that Ammon might be borderline OCD. I guess we all can be to some point.
Ammon lives his life like a T.V. Show. When we’re done playing with dinosaurs and move on to another game he says, “The end and another Ammon show is coming up next.” Then he’ll run to the toys and pull out whatever he wants to play with and announces “Now it’s the Ammon and (whatever he is doing next i.e.) Daddy show.” He refers to Nathan as Mr. Potato Head. I think it bothers Nathan a little bit that he always has ‘him’ wearing the red women’s shoes and girly arms and always has an earring in his ear. I love you babe and no one will question your masculinity! Please forgive me for posting this. Mr. Potato Head (AKA Daddy) is also a toy that Ammon also plays with often. He always wants to participate in whatever Ammon is doing. You can see him watching Ammon play with the dinosaurs in the picture posted above.
One more little bit of news that we are pleased to announce is that Ammon is almost potty trained. He hasn’t had an accident in a few days… but getting him to poop in the toilet has been a big challenge. If anyone has tips for me please share. Also, now that he can undress himself, he is constantly stripping down to his underwear. Every time I turn around he has completely undressed himself.


1 comment:
That's cute. We have a bunch of those dinosaurs too!
Post a Comment