Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I wanted to express my love and appreciation for my beautiful wife on this well-deserved Mother's Day. Lona is an amazing mother. I know being a mother is a difficult job that is filled with long days, frustration, endless worry, self-doubt, and lack of appreciation. I am sure I am not alone when I say that I do not tell my wife enough that she is doing a great job. Lona has given so much of her life for her children and I know she loves them more than life itself. I know that she is in constant thought on how she can best help her children be happy and healthy. I know that her life is the most joyous when she sees her kids happy and smiling.

From the day Ammon was born, we knew our life would never be the same. One of the greatest moments of my life was seeing Lona hold Ammon for the first time.

Our little princess, Maddie Sue, is a wonderful blessing. It is awesome to see the powerful bond between mother and daughter.

As Ammon grew and more of his peronality bubbled to the surface, we knew Ammon would be a blessing, but also a challange. Ammon is creative, intelligent, and can be the sweetest boy in the world. However, Ammon likes to be the boss and has difficulty adapting to new environments and situations where he has no control. He has a fiery temper and can be as stubborn as a mule. Lona has had to deal with the frustration of having moments of doing everything right, but still having everything go wrong. With her help, Ammon has learned to better control his emotions and is improving the social interation with his peers. I appreciate the hard work Lona has done in behalf of our son and his happiness.

Maddie is the little girl that Lona deserves. She is a happy-go-lucky little baby and brings us so much joy. I love the mornings where both kids climb into our bed and everyone is smiling and laughing. I love our little family with all my heart and I am so thankful to my wife for choosing to be a mother. Happy Mother's Day, sweetheart!

1 comment:

Tim and Shay said...

Oh so sweet! Hope it was a wonderful day!