Thursday, June 11, 2009

Updates on the Kiddos

This is the typical site of Maddie after meals now-a-days. She loves to grab the spoon and tries to feed herself. The messes are not all that fun to clean, but it's so excited to see my baby progress. I just wished that these transitions weren't happening so quickly. Sorry, this is not the most flattering picture. She was pretty tired when I took this.
Maddie in the new outfit from Grandma King. Future baby model? Who knows...


Today was the last soccer practice that Ammon had for the season. I am so impressed with his coaches and so happy to witness his progress. I must confess, at one point I almost stopped trying. It was more challenging than I would have ever imagined.
Ammon kind of bonded with one of the other little girls on the team. The entire story is kind of funny. She wears the #4 on her jersey. As I mentioned in the previous post, Ammon was furious about having the #8 on his shirt. He refused to wear it, threw it back at his coach, kept taking it off, and trying to throw it on the ground. It was awful! Well, during one of the games (where he is typically in his own little world, looking at bugs, and completely oblivious to the soccer game going on around him) he noticed that one of his teammates was wearing the number four. For the rest of the game, he chased her around the field. Most people thought he finally understood the strategy and purposes of soccer. As his mother, I knew better… I heard him say, “Huh? What! She wears the number 4.” The entire way home and for weeks after, he has talked about Gracie. The irony behind this is that she didn’t wear her jersey today and Ammon didn’t even recognize her at practice. He literally knows her as the #4 girl. She grabbed his hand at practice after arguing with him about who she truly was. Ammon was not convinced this was Gracie… She wears the #4. He reluctantly followed her to field and they kicked the ball together. It completely melted my heart!

It’s hard to believe that my little Maddie Sue will be 8 months in a few weeks. She is crawling all over the place now! This transition occurred extremely quickly. Just a few days ago, she was kind of scooting and trying to figure the process out. She normally likes to sit on my lap and prefers to be held, but not today. She explored the entire house and got into a lot of things she shouldn’t have… Ammon is learning quickly that he can’t leave his toys on the floor any longer. Today he told me, mom you need to just hold her now. I don't want her doing that anymore.

3 comments:

Megan said...

That first picture is hilarious, I love it. I'm glad you survived the soccer season. Hilarious too that Ammon is so obsessed with the #4 and that's the only reason he likes Gracie, and I can't believe Maddie Sue's crawling... what?! I gotta see it.

King Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Too cute! I love that first picture of Maddie. You can tell she enjoyed it:)