Monday, September 07, 2009

Fun at the Beach

On Friday, we visited Newport Beach in Rhode Island with our friends [Ethan & Crystal Adams, Jenny, Anna & Grace Elliot, and Sara, Maren & Asher Anderson]. The kids had a blast playing in the sand, enjoying the ocean and building sandcastles. Nathan surfed for the first time. Crystal gave him a quick surfing lesson and then he spent some time catching waves. I ended up with a pretty nasty sunburn. I had put sunscreen on everyone else, then ran after Ammon who decided to run into the ocean waves. I forgot to apply it on myself until I felt the burn hours later.
Maddie loved the beach. Mommy & Daddy tried hard to keep her from eating the sand. She must have thought it was a tastey treat, because she kept eating it by the handfuls!

Thank you so much for the fun day everyone!

No comments: