Monday, February 28, 2011

Grinch Baby

Ammon loves to read Dr. Suess books. Among his favorites are "When the Grinch Stole Christmas." We purchased a Grinch doll for Ammon a few weeks before Christmas and he has been attached to it ever since. Due to the number of arguments in our home over the Grinch, we also purchased a Grinch doll for Maddie a few weeks later. The Grinch does everything but bathe with Ammon, and I think he'd also join him in the bath tub if I'd allow it.

About two weeks ago, Ammon decided that the two Grinches were going to produce him a "Grinch Baby." Not knowing exactly what his plans were, I watched as he took the Grinch dolls and placed them on the couch together. He took my hand and walked me into the kitchen. He proceeded to check on their progress over the next few minutes and then explained his plans to me.

After about ten minutes of no baby, he finally sighed and asked, "Uhhh, how long it this going to take mom?" The whole event brought a smile to my face and made me giggle a bit. I quickly explained that only living things can create babies. Although this was a little disappointing to Ammon, he finally came to terms with the fact that we'll only have a boy and girl grinch in our house and never a grinch baby.

No comments: